08 March 2019

ATLAS Jamboree 2019 view from the offiste perspective.

I didn't go in person to the ATLAS Jamboree this year held at CERN. For those who are allowed to view I suggest looking at: https://indico.cern.ch/event/770307/

But I did join for some via vidyo!
Here is my musings about the talk givens I saw. ( Shame I couldn't get involved in coffee/dinner  discussions which are often the most fruitful moments of these meetings):

Even before the main meeting started, there is an interesting talk regarding HPC data access in US an ANL.


In particular, I  like the thought of globus usage and incorporating rucio into DTNs at the sites.  Similar to what was discussed at other sites at the rucio community workshop last week.

In the preview talk, I picked out the switch to Fast Sim rather than Full sim will increase output rate by a factor of 10. A good reminder that user workflow changes could drastically alter computing requirements.
From the main meeting , the following meetings will be of interest on a data storage:

Data Organization and Management Activities: Third Party Copy and (storage) Quality of Service
TPC: details on DPM
DOMA ACCESS: Caches 
DDM Ops overview
Diskless and lightweight sites: consolidation of storage
Data Carousel
Networking - best practice for sites, and evolution
WLCG evolution strategy
 
One thing it di was cause me to think what if; (and I stress the if is me not ATLAS musing,)  ATLAS  wanted to read 1PB of data a day from Tape at RAL and then distribute it across the world?

 
 

2 comments:

jacksonsamy said...

Well Equipped and Trained Team ✓ Relocation Service ✓ Licensed and Verified ✓ Hassle free Packing / Unpacking. Dubai movers
Reliable movers and packers in Dubai.

jacksonsamy said...

We provide multi-home appliances for our valuable client to Save big and get the best sofa set price in pakistan
prices on our services to get our products. Super excited provide LED TV,Washing Machine,Haier Refrigerator,Gree AC,Hair AC,Airfryer,Water Dispenser,Sofa Set,Office Chair,Sofa come Bed,Bedroom furniture.